What's going on?

Hi Everyone! I thought we'd finally update the Colyn family blog as it has not been changed since 2006. Times are a changing.
We will try some new things to keep everyone interested and to maintain some sense of order around here. There is some social media integration for posts to be shared through Facebook, Twitter, etc. A Search function, so make sure you add labels to your posts for future reference.
Please be patient the next little while if things move around a bit, and be sure to let me know if you like or dislike whats going on.
Oh, and keep up the good posts, everyone! If you need any help logging in or posting, just contact me anytime... ~John

Friday, December 22, 2006

One eyed Oyster catchers winter migration.




Thursday Dec.28
Low tide @ 1:30 pm


Friday Dec.29
Low tide @ 2:30 pm






Just like last year let us continue to try to gastronomically one up each other again.

I personnally will be bringing 2 samplings of lumpfish caviar (no not for baiting the traps),
king crab legs (no I do not recommend Dad come in his speedo) and a selection of international ales and pilsners for seafood pairing.

The Van/Vic/Duncan Handi dart bus should arrive in Port for departure by at least 10 am. either day .

F 250 Limo's are on stand by....Get yo'mothers shucker to Port. Let's do this!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Caviar! That must have set you back a few bucks, Will...
    I myself will be exhibiting an 8 year old bottle of rum that will not be making the trip back from Toquart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thursday works best for me - like I said I have to be back Friday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any day works for me, although
    the earlier tide the better..
    David will have to work during the week, so he can only join if we go saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saterdays Low tide is around 3:30pm?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do declare i know this person. I believe that in the pan is not oyster but rather the "denuemont" of one over priced (Quebecoise foie gras).

    Could someone make up our minds and put a final time date on this thing.i am trying to reserve ferries etc.

    Hey will or anyone else, shall we put a menu together or leave it "pot luck" style. Is there any secret ingredient still missing. I would love to contribute any hard to find thing from this side of the world.

    al

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the dilema ?

    Al you get over here with your brothers Henk,Darren and Skinner and we will be on our way.
    As for the secret ingredient the chairman has always got something up his sleeve,We still need a few of them large green shrimp from Costco and bottle of sparkling wine.....Don't forget the five bucks for Darrens kids' toys , see you guys here next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, no, no... blood is thicker than water. I will cancel my Friday thing. I'd rather have Colin there...and besides we may need him if there are some hooligans out there...besides us I mean. So Friday it is? What time Willy? You still want that halibut?

    ReplyDelete