What's going on?

Hi Everyone! I thought we'd finally update the Colyn family blog as it has not been changed since 2006. Times are a changing.
We will try some new things to keep everyone interested and to maintain some sense of order around here. There is some social media integration for posts to be shared through Facebook, Twitter, etc. A Search function, so make sure you add labels to your posts for future reference.
Please be patient the next little while if things move around a bit, and be sure to let me know if you like or dislike whats going on.
Oh, and keep up the good posts, everyone! If you need any help logging in or posting, just contact me anytime... ~John

Thursday, April 17, 2008

gone gone gone ! !

At least she posed for a picture on her way out. It has been 2 months since I caught her 2 babies . Since that time we have noticed an increase of things gone missing from our garage; small toys, soccer netting, hiking boot shoe laces, snowboard helmut straps and a complete 5lb bag of bird seed. I have to say she was very tidy with her droppings and was extremely clever with dodging an array of traps. We had multiple glue traps, mouse traps, rat traps, and water traps.....she avoided them all. She did have a close call one evening but was able to free herself from a glue trap.....she left a small foot print for us in the glue just to keep us thinking about her. We used an assortment of bait including chocolate bars, ketchup, honey, cheese, peanut butter, sunflower seeds, and even prawns. Talk about self control!!

Longer story kept short.....her very fluffy (insulation) dwelling was dismantled yesterday by Ed and a couple of friends. She went scurrying about our crawl space and managed to avoid the beebee gun, hockey sticks and crow bars leading us to the port of entry leading to outside under our deck. The hole is now securely boarded up (really thick board) and I can sleep again :)

2 comments:

  1. I think her brother, Mickey, was in my shop last week.
    I haven't seen him since but I'm sure he's still there too.
    Please sent Ed over with his stick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a Dr Seus story.
    We got Rats.
    Rats in the ceiling rats on the floor rats eating holes throgh cupboards and doors.
    I think the blue poison that we put out is actually good for them, it helps them breed.

    The made a nest in my Port Alberni box and chewed my Yearbooks up and used it as padding.

    We have killed at least 6 and Simon says he saw one this morning in the shed again.

    Aint nothin like Country living!!

    ReplyDelete