What's going on?

Hi Everyone! I thought we'd finally update the Colyn family blog as it has not been changed since 2006. Times are a changing.
We will try some new things to keep everyone interested and to maintain some sense of order around here. There is some social media integration for posts to be shared through Facebook, Twitter, etc. A Search function, so make sure you add labels to your posts for future reference.
Please be patient the next little while if things move around a bit, and be sure to let me know if you like or dislike whats going on.
Oh, and keep up the good posts, everyone! If you need any help logging in or posting, just contact me anytime... ~John

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Herring Fisher


The herring season recently opened and there are tons of boats down by the water here. Treena and the boys met a couple guys fishing off the rocks who were catching quite a few so they ran home and grabbed their rods and joined in. They stayed out until sunset but didn't catch any. We'll try again tomorrow - hopefully we have some pictures of actual herring. The water is bright aqua in colour which I believe is from all the "herring love" that is going on out there. Nice.

4 comments:

  1. DARREN !! This is such a beautiful picture! The mention of herring reminds me of dad and all the herring he used to get. It makes me remember our old hallway and gutting them on top of the freezers. There were always a couple of buckets full of salted herring under the stairs and I remember that I ended up with a stinky locker at school during herring time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sentiments exactly, Corrie. What an awesome picture. Maybe you are in the wrong profession. It helps of course to have such a stunning background and a lovely poser. You guys are so blessed to have such an awesome spot a few steps from your door.
    Willem says the neighbours are yelling "Don't eat all the fish and get back on your side of the road"

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this picture, and love how you can totally tell its Ezra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

    ReplyDelete