What's going on?

Hi Everyone! I thought we'd finally update the Colyn family blog as it has not been changed since 2006. Times are a changing.
We will try some new things to keep everyone interested and to maintain some sense of order around here. There is some social media integration for posts to be shared through Facebook, Twitter, etc. A Search function, so make sure you add labels to your posts for future reference.
Please be patient the next little while if things move around a bit, and be sure to let me know if you like or dislike whats going on.
Oh, and keep up the good posts, everyone! If you need any help logging in or posting, just contact me anytime... ~John

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Update from the mainland!

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since we posted on here and lots has been happening . . . . so here's are latest news. I am going back to work tomorrow. I was offered a full time job in December at a company called Cintas in Aldergrove. It was a great job, but I turned it down because of the full time hours. Last week they contacted me again to offer me part time work (3 days) and so I have accepted and now I have to be there tomorrow morning! Mom and Dad are here to help for a couple of days and next week my mum comes for a couple of days and by then we are hoping to have made some concrete babysitting arrangements.

Unfortunately, there are not too many fringe benefits to this job (like cheap hotel stays!). It is a uniform provider and cleaner as well as some other industrial products (welcome mats, soaps etc). I am the only one in HR there and so that will be a big change for me. One great thing is that it is only 10 minutes away from home.

Before I was offered the job, we decided to finally rip out our old bathroom upstairs! In hindsight, this wasn't the best move as I don't know when we will have time to put it back together!

This is during the deconstruction:

We now have the bathroom completely stripped and empty . . . . just need to get a tub in because the kids aren't really in love with the shower!

2 comments:

  1. Way to hold out for the right job offer, Rachel!! Hope your first day went OK!

    Good luck finishing your bathroom... we removed our tub to make our micro-kitchen a little larger, and since then, we've all switched over to showers. I sometimes think it's no big deal, but then, I'm always surprised again and again at how Jonah wants to use other people's bathtubs whenever he stays the night. oops.

    Take care, JvH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye nights at the Fairmont, hello welcome mats!!! Thank you Rachel for all those years of wonderful accomodations! Congrats on the job.....so awesome how things were worked out for you!! CcH

    ReplyDelete