What's going on?

Hi Everyone! I thought we'd finally update the Colyn family blog as it has not been changed since 2006. Times are a changing.
We will try some new things to keep everyone interested and to maintain some sense of order around here. There is some social media integration for posts to be shared through Facebook, Twitter, etc. A Search function, so make sure you add labels to your posts for future reference.
Please be patient the next little while if things move around a bit, and be sure to let me know if you like or dislike whats going on.
Oh, and keep up the good posts, everyone! If you need any help logging in or posting, just contact me anytime... ~John

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Howard happenings

The night I came home from the "Women of faith" trip I found another frog on our doorstep. I added him to our terrarium which was already inhabited by "Pumpkin" (fellow frogger who we have had for 2 months....who has been fed LIVE bait daily). After a few days of searching high and low for double the amount of LIVE bait (hard to find on these cold days) I decided that we should let the 2 croaking bundles of joy loose to hibernate for the winter. After many tears from Ally she succumbed to the idea as long as she could play with them before we let them go. I let them play, stretch , drop, squish, sniff, kiss, and tickle "Pumpkin and Pumpkina" for about 20 minutes before we let them loose in the bamboo trees. I promised the kids that we will try to find them again in the spring when it is easier to catch thier food....crane flies. I admit to buying mini crickets at Petland twice. However, paying $5 a week to feed pet frogs is a little over budget in my mind.

Another thing I discovered when I came home from Vancouver was that Ally is trying to catch up to me with the amount of stitches she will get over her lifetime. She pulled a large bar stool (see background) over onto her forehead which left a huge goose egg on one side of her forehead and a gaping slash on the other. She had an eventful day going with daddy to the emergency room for 5 stitches and then to Boston pizza for her favorite pasta "bugs and cheese".

No comments:

Post a Comment