What's going on?

Hi Everyone! I thought we'd finally update the Colyn family blog as it has not been changed since 2006. Times are a changing.
We will try some new things to keep everyone interested and to maintain some sense of order around here. There is some social media integration for posts to be shared through Facebook, Twitter, etc. A Search function, so make sure you add labels to your posts for future reference.
Please be patient the next little while if things move around a bit, and be sure to let me know if you like or dislike whats going on.
Oh, and keep up the good posts, everyone! If you need any help logging in or posting, just contact me anytime... ~John

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Exenowhat?


Pardon me if the blog is strictly a social venue… but if anyone is interested I’m starting to sell toxin-free household products from a company called Melaleuca. I’ve been buying cleaning products, laundry detergent, and soaps from them for half a year now and I’m so pleased with them. If you’ve ever looked into buying organic cleaners you’ve discovered that they sometimes cost as much as double or triple the price. I have found Melaleuca’s products to be the same price as regular products or less. They work great and best of all are very safe. I recently watched a CBC Marketplace segment on toxins in household products and was surprised to hear that unlike in Europe, the Canadian government admits to putting no controls whatsoever on what is in household products – in other words, don’t assume that because a product is on every grocery store shelf in your city that it is actually safe to use around your kids. For example, many laundry detergents contain exenoestrogens and formaldehyde which are absorbed directly into your skin through daily contact with your clothes/bedding. Windex is actually a regulated substance when used in workplace settings. But I’m sure you’ve all heard all of this before. The real proof is in the pudding… in this case: Darren’s once irritated back going smooth as a baby’s bottom (okay we don’t really know if it was from the detergent but the timing seems more than coincidental…). So if anyone is interested just let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Treen...I have heard about Melaleuca thru my friend Amber...lots of teatree stuff right...and I remember some awesome jelly bear vitamins(phytobears?) ....do you have a pamphlet or website that I can refer to? ps....nice pose Darren!!missed you guys last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Isn't this spam?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete