What's going on?

Hi Everyone! I thought we'd finally update the Colyn family blog as it has not been changed since 2006. Times are a changing.
We will try some new things to keep everyone interested and to maintain some sense of order around here. There is some social media integration for posts to be shared through Facebook, Twitter, etc. A Search function, so make sure you add labels to your posts for future reference.
Please be patient the next little while if things move around a bit, and be sure to let me know if you like or dislike whats going on.
Oh, and keep up the good posts, everyone! If you need any help logging in or posting, just contact me anytime... ~John

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Women of Faith

Calling all Colyn girls

Yvonne is organizing some tickets and hotel rooms for Women of Faith on November 3-4 for the church. We thought it would be fun to have all the Colyn girls go and stay in a hotel in Vancouver and hang out for the weekend. I know that Mitzie is going to come, I am going to go, Mom is going to go and Yvonne is going to go. Aliza will check Colin's schedule. What about the rest of you. Even you two who live in Langley. We would have a blast all together. Please let either Yvonne or I know within a week, so Yvonne will know how many tickets she has for the women at church.

Thanks.

Hope you can all make it. Would be a blast and you have lots of time to organize for babysitters.

See you there.

6 comments:

  1. Helle, that's a great idea! I'd love to go altogether -- would it be just a Colyn family group? Because it sounds like a great way to spend some time together. Yvonne, I've stayed at the Rosedale on Robson... it's walking distance and pretty reasonable.

    Let me know if it's a go, otherwise i will book through a group of my girlfriends here in Victoria.

    Jacqueline.

    ps, looking forward to Stamp Falls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a go. There will be other ladies from port going too. We will be staying at the best western chateau granville in a suite.2 doubles, a pull out in the living room. Small kitchen with coffee and tea for 87.00 a night. Each room holds 5 ladies.
    It's about a 15 minute walk. The rosedale is already sold out.
    I am organizing the pa group. so we will be a mixed crowd but rooms can be just us if you wish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everyone,

    I'm in!! I have never been to one of those conferences, but would also like to come and spend time with you all:)

    Thanks for organizing this Helle and Yvonne. I would also like to stay the Friday night in Vancouver, but I would not be able to make it until 7pm or so, if this is too late, I could just come on the Saturday. Also, my sis-in-law Tessa is still pretty new to BC . . . any objections to me inviting her too??

    Looking forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds great. You can just meet us at gm place friday night and come back with us to the hotel. Sorry it's not my fairmont, I used to get a good deal there cause I know someone that worked there!!!More details when it gets closer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm a little behind here but I'm still trying to see how that weekend works for us... Was the idea to spend Friday and Saturday night out there or just one night?
    Treena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne, I have a suggestion to make re: boxed lunches. I've had them before and they are convenient, though tasteless. Ok, kind of like airplane cold-food. Last year I did this with my mom and sis, and it worked well. We skipped the boxed lunch and left right away for a nice brisk walk (great after all that sitting) up to this great cafe by the art gallery, beside Hotel Van. You can get great coffees, soups and sandwiches. It's euro-italian style.After that we walked back (max. 15 min.). If we all take little foldable umbrellas, it's not so bad if it's raining. And it'll be really gezellig if we keep it to the Colyn group (and tessa): we'll have a great walk, better food, awesome lattes, and some good discussion time... What say, everyone? the box lunch costs 8-10 bucks, and you could spend that more or less on something a lot tastier....

    xo. jacqueline. see you wednesday noonish at stamp falls!

    ReplyDelete